16 Jun 2010

techniques






At the beginning I though I couldn't manage to make my character walk convincingly from all points of view, the ¾ back walk was particularly tricky, but finally I go through. I understood why we're acting in part when we Do the animation. To create nice walk cycles you could use some basic templates from the animation books, but all is just about observation, intuition and empathy with their movements, just feel like walking when you're drawing.

In the character movements I use traditional animation 2D technique drawing frame by frame. I begin doing some rough sketches in the lightbox to test the basic movements and shapes interpolation. I recorded some footage from Bruna carrying a bowling ball. Once I internalised the walk cycles, I draw each frame in the illustrator and test the sequences pasting it into Flash. I also create some symbols for different facial expressions and hands poses, to swap them into the Flash sequence. Then I export png sequences with alpha channel to compose the walk cycles with the backgrounds in the after effects.

No comments: