16 Jun 2010

experimentation



I've never used after effects before this course, and I could say that most of the techniques were new for me. Since the first moment that I set out the story board, I've decided not to focus only in the character animation, to experiment a bit with the motion graphics style. In my opinion the symbolic part of the clip has been a good exercise to learn about masks, motion tools, compositions and free shape interpolations with the after effects. I wanted to divide my animation in two different styles and techniques and I think it has been one of the most successful objectives I achieved. I'm quite happy to mix two different animation styles in the same movie which work in harmony. One more graphic and plane and the other more cartoony and less abstract, but at the same time I'm aware that I could improve a bit more the transitions. I also discover some AE filters to move the watter and I've learnt how to set up cams to follow the character while he walks over the background.

No comments: